Wow, I can hardly believe that it’s really thirty-nine (39) years now that I have been placed on this planet by the great Divine and my parents.
Looking back on the past and how far I have come, it seemed almost impossible that I am still standing here. Life has never been a bed of roses for me – there has been lots of challenges, with more trials, tribulations and errors than triumphs and successes.
I will admit that despite the numerous hurdles – the good, the bad and the ugly – there has always been great lessons learned along the way, which I would love to share with you, such as:-
1) There’s a God.
2) Self care should be your top priority.
3) Love what you do, do what you love.
4) Never deny your struggles.
5) You can’t pick your family, but you can always pick your friends.
6) Never stop learning.
7) Open yourself up to new opportunities.
8) It’s okay to ask for help.
9) Walk your own path.
10) Where there’s a will, there’s always a way.
11) Tell people that you love them.
12) Don’t let life turn you bitter.
13) Karma is real.
14) There’s someone out there for everyone.
15) Put yourself first.
16) You have to fail in order to succeed.
17) Always read the fine print.
18) Never look down on others, for you don’t know their story.
19) No one is perfect.
20) There’s no-one-size fits all approach to business, family, relationship, life and everything else.
21) Friends come and go, but true friendship stands the test of time.
22) Don’t ever compare yourself to anyone or try to be someone else.
23) Not everyone will understand or support you.
24) None knows you better than you.
25) Your family can sometimes be your downfall.
26) Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose; but there’s always a lesson to be learned.
27) Trust your instincts/guts.
28) Follow your heart and not the crowd.
29) Get the “HELL” away from toxic people and relationships.
30) Keep moving forward, no turning back.
31) Volunteer and share your talents, experiences and knowledge with others.
32) Start where you are planted, but you don’t have to stay there.
33) Start an environmental campaign to save the planet.
34) Start a business or project.
35) Give back to your community and those less fortunate than yourself.
36) Sex is better when it’s with someone you love and vice versa.
37) Save as much as you can, as early as you can, for as long as you can.
38) You are never too old to start over.
39) A lot can happen in a year – it’s work in progress.
Thanks for accompanying me.